The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Awards)assists women who privide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the financial resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Each year, more than $1.6 million in education grants are awarded to more than 1,200 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
In addition to providing the primary financial support for their families, eligible applicants must be enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program and must demonstrate financial need. Also, please note only residents of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries and territories are eligible to apply for the educational grants.
The Live Your Dream Awards involves three levels of cash awards. The program begins at the local Soroptimist club-level, where award amounts vary. Local-level award recipients then become eligible for region-level awards of either $3,000 or $5,000. Region-level award recipients then become eligible to receive one of three international-level awards of $10,000.
Since the Live Your Dream Awards program began in 1972, about $30 million in education grants have been disbursed to assist tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families. In 2007, the program received the Associations Advance America Summit Award—ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership’s highest level of recognition.
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you:
- Are a woman with the primary financial responsibility for yourself and your dependants. (Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents)
- Have financial need.
- Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Are motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in Butte/Glenn County.
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Live Your Dream Awards (formerly called the Women’s Opportunity Award).
- Do not have a graduate degree.
- Are not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
- Have submitted application and reference form.
Now that you have determined that you eleiglbe to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards, you are ready to begin the application process. The Live Your Dream Awards application has two components:
- The application itself
- Two (2) reference forms
These documents must be submitted together in order for your application to be considered eligible. Click below to download the forms.
Application Deadline Is: November 15th
Award Applications should be sent to:
Soroptimist International of Bidwell Rancho-Chico
Attn: Live Your Dream Awards
PO Box 9170
Chico, CA 95927