SI/Bidwell Rancho-Chico is a dynamic group of professional and business women in Butte County. Our Club aspires to create opportunities and support to help improve the lives of women and girls through a global network of members and international partnerships.
If you are looking for a woman’s group to belong to, a way to help others, and a way to make friends with like-minded women, we invite you to join us. In working together to help other women, we build strong friendships and a sense of community that is often hard to find in today’s busy life.
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of women and girls, we invite you to attend a meeting and get more information on Club membership. Send us an email and we will contact you with the next meeting information. We would be delighted to have you join us.
Benefits of Membership
Soroptimist membership provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Fulfillment – Working on projects that improve the lives of others leads to personal satisfaction and recognition from the community.
- Friendship – Cultivating relationships with other women who have similar interests and values is a central aspect of Soroptimist membership.
- Diversity – Meeting and learning about women from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and participating in projects that address the needs of women throughout the globe, contributes to world peace and understanding.
- Networking – Associating with other women representing a variety of professions facilitates valuable business contacts.
- Leadership – Developing skills at the club level results in enhanced professional capabilities as well as leadership opportunities at all levels of the organization.
- Mentoring – Reaching out to women at the beginning of their professional lives provides an avenue for Soroptimist members to serve as mentors.
- Convenience – Belonging to an association with organized programs and professionally developed resources frees members from administrative constraints, while enabling them to concentrate on providing volunteer service.
- Services – Joining Soroptimist provides access to additional benefits, such as: several insurance options (United States only); low–interest credit card (United States only); and a subscription to Soroptimist International of the Americas’ award–winning magazine.
We hold 2 meetings a Month:
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month from 5:30-7:30 p.m. (Business Meeting)
- 4th Tuesday of the Month from 5:30-7:30 p.m. (Program Meeting)
SI/Bidwell Rancho-Chico meets from September 1 to June 30 of each year (we do not meet during the months of July and August).
All meetings are held at:Panighettis Eatery
Chico, CA 95973
Cost of each meeting is $20 which includes dinner.
Regular attendance at meetings is encouraged. Each member is also encouraged to serve on committees and participate in the club’s activities.
Soroptimists also have the opportunity to attend district meetings, regional conferences and international conventions held all over the world.
- Initial annual dues are $125 for incoming new members (prorated throughout the year for new members). This includes the membership pin, name badge, and new member binder.
- Annual membership dues are $100 a year and are payable each June for the coming year.